Great 10k Berlin - 10 kilometres through the capital
The Great 10k has become one of the more popular 10k runs in Germany. In 2016, the event broke its attendance record, drawing in over 7,200 runners. At least the same number of athletes is expected on the starting line this year. Starting at Charlottenburg Palace, you will follow a circuit that takes you past all of the major tourist attractions in the west of the city, including the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and the Victory Column on Strasse des 17. Junis. A special highlight is the leg through Berlin Zoo, which starts at kilometre six. Participants run past the rhinoceros, lion and tiger enclosures before following Kantstrasse to Schlossstrasse and then back to Charlottenburg Palace.
During the weekend of the 8 October 2017, the GCH Hotel Group offers all participants discount accomodations in the Mark Apart Hotel and TRYP by Wyndham Berlin Ku'dammbietet which are located near the starting point and final destination.
BIG 25 Berlin - The pioneer on the German city run scene
Slip on your running shoes on 14 May 2017! Starting at the Olympic Stadium, the BIG 25 run will see a great many runners embarking on a 25-kilometre route though the centre of Berlin. Formerly known as ‘25 km de Berlin’, the BIG 25 is a pioneer on the German city run scene. It was responsible for launching the popularity of running in Germany and motivating people to get out on the road. And running has attracted more and more sports fans in the past couple of decades – recent years have seen nearly 11,500 runners participate in Big 25 Berlin, with fantastic support provided by around 50,000 spectators.
Have you already registered this year or are you thinking of registering? If so, take advantage of one of our fantastic hotel offers and stay close to the start and finish line at reasonable rates during the event weekend in Berlin.
GCH hotel package at a glance:
- Affordable overnight accommodation rates for all participants (from EUR 68 for a single room/from EUR 78 for a double room)
- The hotels are in a central location, enabling you to reach the event's starting line via public transport.
- Your starting documents will be delivered directly to the hotel, allowing you to prepare for the run with no added stress.
- Time and space to relax and recover: After the run, you can unwind in the spa facility at the Holiday Inn Berlin City West.
- Why not combine the run with a city break in Berlin? You can book a room for the whole weekend.
- You could even bring your friends and family along so that they can cheer you on and celebrate your success with you in Berlin.
Pictures: © Berlin läuft!